타우랑가 오투모에타이 인터미디어트 학교 뉴스레터

편집자 0 3,054 2012.10.25 04:33
뉴질랜드 타우랑가의 오투모에타이 인터미디어트 학교에 재학중인 우리 학생들(만11세 ~ 12세)이 쓴 영어 솜씨. 지난 텀3 ESOL, 학교 생활에 대한 소감을 유학생부 뉴스레터에 밝히고 있습니다.
Student Voice - Recounts of Term 3
I had fabulous days in Term 3. I was very sad about missing Miss Kelly but I felt a little bit better because of our new teacher, Mrs Northern. Term 3 started like this. My favourite subject was technology class. The Art teacher, Mrs Pattern, said my still life art picture was very good. My friends also said I was very good at drawing. I felt so good. Now, my technology class is hard tech. I am making a pizza shape room dazzler. I also did a Gloss Test in Term 3 and I did well. I have enjoyed P.E., writing and reading too. I am very proud of what I have done and what I am doing.
- By Sue.
I had a great term in Term 3. First, some new Korean students came to Otumoetai Intermediate School. I made many friends, more than Term 2. I liked the ESOL trip to Rotorua, I enjoyed seeing many animals at Rainbow Springs. I hope I have a great time next term.
- By Sunny
This term was a fun term but not as fun as the last two. My dad came to N.Z. from Korea, I got Nintendo wii for my birthday and I went to my friend’s sleep over party. I learnt a lot in my class. Also I learnt about kiwi with the ESOL group. I really enjoyed studying this term. I hope I get to study more fun things next term.
- By Jasmine
This term lots of good things happened to me. Firstly, my grandma came back from India. I was excited to see her. In school, Miss Quinn told us that were were changing tech. I felt excited. When Miss Quinn told us that Group A, my group, was doing Dance/Drama I thought, What?! I didn’t like Dance/Drama. I didn’t know anything about it. Miss Robinson helped me with my dance and I got better and better through the term. At the end of tech, I had to do a dance in front of the camera. I wanted to hide my face with a lot of make-up but I wasn’t allowed to. I did my dance and did very well. Infact, I really enjoyed it and didn’t want to leave. For P.E. I was really excited about playing Soccer. I scored 3 goals with the help of my team and was really happy.
- By Sanjot
I had the best term ever. First, I made friends. In term 1 and term 2 I was a bit afraid of making friends because we couldn’t communicate to each other very well. Once I said “Can I hang out with you” to ………., she said “yes” really kindly. She is now my best friend. Second, I have been teaching Korean to my class. They have been learning some Korean words and they have learnt to sing a Korean song called ‘Three bears’. Last, the ESOL class went to Rotorua to see the kiwi. Ten international students went to Rotorua with Mrs Liddle. We visited Rainbow Springs and the Polynesian Spa. I felt thankful to Mrs Liddle for organising the trip.
- By Angela
Oh my God! The first day in New Zealand will be scary, I thought. I came to New Zealand almost four weeks ago. I was scared about living in another country, making new friends, new teacher and studying English. I was really worried about making mistakes. I was thinking wrong! It was easy to make friends and New Zealand students came to me first and asked me many things – “Where are you from?”, “What is your Korean name?” and “Do you like New Zealand”. Ms Southon, our teacher, was kind, she was Christian and I like her. I was happy about that. My homestay family are kind too. All these things gave me a good impression. When I arrived in New Zealand I was excited about coming here and learning about New Zealand nature. I like what I have seen.
- By Paul
I have enjoyed this term. I went to my friend’s house many times and have learnt many things at school. Unfortunately Mrs Te Mete became pregnant and she had to go to hospital to care for her baby. However, Ms Lander came to our class and has been a good teacher. She teaches us many interesting things. I participated in many other school projects and really, really loved this term. I hope I have an even better term in Term 4. This term has been the greatest term since I arrived in New Zealand.
- By Julie
I have enjoyed Term 3. This term we got a new teacher in our classroom because our old teacher has been studying. This year I’ve made a lot of new friends in my classroom and at school learning has been fun sometimes. The things I have liked are – doing experiments (fair testing), maths, reading, writing and topic. I have made friends when I have done P.E., sports trips, lunch times and my shop where I work after school. I’ve been at ESOL lessons for 2 terms. At ESOL, Mrs Liddle has helped me with my English and we do fun stuff. That’s how I enjoyed my term 3.
- By Suhkraj
In the first week of Term 3 I wasn’t at school because I was in Korea with my dad so when I came back I was busy. It was good going to Rainbow Springs with the ESOL class. I wish term 4 will be even better than Term 3.
- By GW
This term has been a good term because I went to many places and studied more than last term. I went on the luge in Rotorua, Rainbows End and a few other places. This term, at ESOL, we studies about the kiwi. I studied the Kiwi’s appearance, habitat, diet, behaviour and reproduction. I had a better term than Term Two.
By Bm
학교 Class Trip
- Rainbow Springs and Polynesian Spa, 로토루아
As part of their learning, I took the ESOL students to Rainbow Springs in Rotorua to gain a better understanding of the kiwi. At Rainbow Springs, students got to learn about ‘Operation Nest Egg’, one of the many Kiwi Recovery Programmes operating in NZ.
1873824C4EA8F08E0516A6
텀4 학기 중 ESOL FOCUS
- Paragraph writing
Students have been learning paragraph writing techniques, which are important for good writing. I have been really pleased with the progress of all students.
- Reading
This term students have been focussing on:
- Finding the main ideas in text.
- Using strategies to predict unknown vocabulary.
- Finding evidence to show characters feelings.
- Learning to find problems and resolutions in narrative texts.
- Topic
The topic for this term has been NZ’s iconic bird, the kiwi. Students have been participating in a number of listening, reading and writing activities based on the kiwi. They have been learning about the kiwi as a symbol of NZ, the history of the kiwi, facts about the kiwi and threats to the kiwi.

Comments